Presented by the Luzerne Merchants Association (referred to as Presenter, a 501(c) (3) Organization
1. In case of inclement weather, acts of God or other circumstances, the Presenter reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race, or determine winners by a random drawing, at its sole discretion.
2. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain our property.
3. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee. The race course will close 30 minutes after the first duck has crossed the finish line and/or been gathered into duck traps. Any ducks finishing after that time will not be eligible for prizes.
4. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on an entry ticket. Multiple duck entries from one ticket will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The person’s name who appears on the entry ticket corresponding to the first duck in order of finish will be awarded the prize.
5. Only completed entry forms will be accepted. All other entries must be received by an authorized representative of Presenter and received by Presenter before the race. If available, ducks can be adopted the day of the race. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter.
6. Winners will be announced at the Luzerne Bank parking lot following the conclusion of each race on June 2, 2018. Winners will, where necessary, also be notified by telephone. A winner is entitled to receive only the prize awarded and is responsible for all applicable federal and state taxes and license or registration fees payable in connection with that prize. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes.
7. Prizes awarded to minors will be awarded to their parents or legal guardian.
8. Winners are required to provide proper identification.
9. By entering, winners consent to promotional use of their names and likeness without additional compensation.
10. Prizes will be awarded “as is” and no substitution of prizes will be permitted. Presenter will have no liability with respect to any prize awarded.
11. Duck race entrants need not be present to win.
12. If a winner does not come forward to claim the prize won within 30 days following the race, that prize will be forfeited and Presenter will declare another winner for that prize.
13. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
14. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Presenter, its advertising agencies and promotional companies involved with this Promotion, as well as family members (living in household) of same, shall be ineligible to participate in promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein.
15. Names, and likeness of Promotion winner(s) may be used by Presenter and Presenters designee(s) for promotional purposes without further compensation to Presenter or the Promotion winner(s).
16. By entering, entrants release the Presenter, sponsors, employees, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes and to bodily injury or damage to property on the event site and surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of the Presenter, sponsors, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities.
17. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is voided where prohibited by law.
18. The conduct of this race and the determination of race winners will be witnessed by a representative of the Luzerne Merchants Association. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter, and judgment is final. If deemed necessary, Presenter has the discretion to modify rules.
19. Directors of Presenter shall be ineligible to participate in the promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize.